Saturday, January 22, 2011

Project Life

Becky Higgins has a great little product called Project Life (you can get it at amazon). I bought last years version last year when I started this project, and never used it. I had in my head I was going to use my scrapbook paper and make my own scrapbook of my daily pictures..Yeah right! By April I had not lifted a finger to scrap even one photo, and felt overwhelmed and gave up the project all together. This year, I vowed to not only complete, but in an effort to encourage me to complete, put the photos and journal them in an album ASAP. Yesterday I had my first two weeks of photos in hand, and I went to work. I did the cover page, as well as the first two weeks, and I can already tell that using this product on a regular basis and getting the photos (and the journalling) int he book is already going to make a difference in my keeping up. So cool seeing the pictures come together in book form, and the journalling is fun. I used this blog to refer back to to journal, and the system is going to work out for me just fine.

Here are some photos of the cover page and the 2nd week of photos.

In the smaller pockets of the cover page I put a foldable journal card (included in the album kit) for each member of the family and I wrote stats. For example, on Phoenix's card I put her age, grade, height, weight, favorite color, BFF, favorite food, favorite music artist, favorite song, size pants, size shoes, and things she loves. For mine, I put similar stats (like hobbies, etc, but I also put some of my goals, like losing weight, and recorded my current weight. I intend for the last page of the book to have a new family photos, and he same info on the journal cards on the week the project ends, so we have recorded what has changed through the year.

Although I love this product, my point is to find a system for you that works, because this is my third attempt at completing the project, and the two times before I definitely failed due to lack of organization and getting these precious memories in a book format in a timely manner.

Cover Page

1st page of 2nd week.

2nd page of 2nd week

No comments:

Post a Comment